Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Target Field Tour

Hi everybody! I recently took the Target Field tour of the new Minnesota Twins ballpark, in downtown Minneapolis. It was really enjoyable and I'd recommend it to anyone, whether you've been to games already or not. For info on tours, visit Twinsbaseball.com. I got to see lots of nooks and crannies you wouldn't otherwise get to see. For example, the press box, the radio and TV announcing booths, the Metropolitan Club, the Legends Club, where the stars dressing room is (where the person singing the National Anthem likely gets ready), etc. Also, we got to me Clyle Doepner, the Twins Curator, who told us great stories of gathering Twins memorabilia, getting autographs, tracking down homerun balls, and the like. The funnest time was when we got to go onto the edge of the field, and in the Twins dugout. We were informed that we couldn't go on the grass, (or even spit on the grass)... it was really pristine as you'd expect. They mow it 2 and a half hours every day.

Below are a couple photos from my field trip. If you'd like to see all my photos, check out my photo page! www.flickr.com/michaelraypfeifer


No comments:

Post a Comment